Probably the easiest dessert to make.
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour
- 1-2 tbsp Damson Plum Jam per tart
- cooking apples sliced to place on top of the tarts
- brown sugar for sprinkling over the top of the tarts.
Note: Make the pastry shells either using this recipe or take the easy option and use PANETON Sweet Pastry – you can find this at most NEW WORLD supermarkets.
Making the Pastry:
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add the egg and mix well
- Add baking powder and flour and mix just enough to bring it together
- Wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Once chilled, roll the pastry out to fit 8 small baking shells. This pastry is sticky and can be difficult to roll out. However, once baked it is very forgiving, so don’t worry about the shells looking messy before being baked.
- Blind bake the shells for 10 minutes at 180C.
- Once the pastry is cooked and cooled spread 1 – 2 tbsps of Damson Plum Jam over the base of the case
Making the Tart Filling:
- Pop the jam in the bottom of the tart shells.
- Slice the apples and arrange over the top of the jam
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the apples.
- Bake at 180C for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the tops of the tarts and if they are browning too quickly, just lay a piece of tinfoil over the top.
- When baked, remove from the oven and cool.
- Dust icing sugar over the top once cooled.
Serve with whipped cream or yoghurt…. YUMMY