- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder (Milo, drinking chocolate works too!)
- 3 Tbsp Sugar (brown or white)
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 50g Melted Butter
- 2 cups berries
- 3 Tbsp The Damson Collection Plum Jam
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Crushed Walnuts (optional)
- Sift Flour, Sugar and Cocoa Powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre. Add milk, eggs and melted butter. Whisk until smooth but still “tough” consistency.
- Add in berries and mix further.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and add a small dash of oil.
- The size of the pancake is totally up to you! Cook each side of the pancake for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. The pancake should rise a little bit and form a fluffy texture!
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Now onto the sauce! Heat a separate small saucepan and add the Damson Plum Jam, Brown Sugar and Water. Stir gently until it melts and ‘caramelises’ into a sticky texture. Make sure you continue stirring so the bottom layer doesn’t burn!
- If you prefer more sour or sweet just adjust jam/sugar levels to your liking. I also added a few crushed Walnuts for added crunch.
- Voila! Garnish the pancakes with our tangy sauce; or add berries, syrup, cream, ice cream, yoghurt...the list could go on forever!