Makes 6 slices.
- 1 cup oats - blended into a flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (can be substituted with honey)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Plum Sauce layer:
- 1/2 cup Damson Collection Plum Coulis
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- To make the crust, combine the oat flour, cocoa, almond meal into a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix until it forms a slightly wet dough.
- Press the crust dough into the bottom of the loaf tin, making sure it cover the bottom of the tin, and place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake layer. In a blender, add the cashews, coconut cream, lemon juice and sweetener. Blend until creamy. Add the coconut oil and blend once more.
- Remove the loaf tin from the fridge and pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate crust.
Here you have two options for the plum layer.
- Either, add the coulis in blobs on top of the cheesecake layer while it is still soft.
- Or, put the cheesecake in the fridge for 2 hours while it firms up, apply the Plum Coulis layer on top, then put it back in the fridge for another 1-2 hours.