Smokey Pulled Jackfruit Burger
By The Damson Collection Team
- 2 x cans jackfruit, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup The Damson Collection Spicy Ketchup
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 4 x Brioche burger buns
- Olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced width-ways
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- On a lined tray, scatter the chickpeas, 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp paprika and salt/pepper.
- Add the tray to oven and cook on bake for 10mins.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pan and add the jackfruit, Spicy Ketchup and paprika. Season with pepper/salt and cook until the jackfruit falls apart. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Chop the cabbage, carrot and onion and add to a bowl with lemon juice and season.
- Take the chickpeas from the oven.
- Cut the burger buns in half and fill with all the goodies from step 5! Other yummy fillings include: pickles, lettuce, tomato and vegan cheese.
Add aioli! Enjoy!